Do you like talking on the phone? As a Verification Specialist you will call to verify employment, education and credentials. While performing this key role associated with Background Screening you will enter responses into a web based software system. Verifying employment, education and credential history as part of complete report allowing our clients to make informed hiring decisions.
Apply your high degree of accuracy and strong research skills by becoming a Verifications Specialist at ESR, work in the growing Sacramento office of this Novato California-based provider of background screening services. This is a dynamic and challenging position where you will learn the entire suite of our verification products and services and how to fulfill them. The right person must relate well to a wide variety of people, always display a positive attitude, and must be committed to excellence. In return, ESR offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including 100% paid benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance within 30 days of employment.
Roles and Qualifications:
• You will leverage your accountability and attention to detail, as well as your ability to research and solve problems, as you process requests from our clients for verifications of employment, professional licenses checks, and personal and professional references and assure that all information is properly sourced and processed accurately in a timely manner.
• For success in this role, you’ll demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
• These skills will enable you to use our proprietary operating system to seamlessly execute on a variety of tasks with changing priorities.
• Your organizational skills and attention to detail will also be important in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Handle high volume of incoming verifications requests
• Make frequent outgoing calls
• Determine appropriate verification sources
• Accurately record information in our proprietary software
• Communicate effectively via telephone, email, and fax
• Effective use of the internet, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other software
• Retrieve additional information as needed
• Able to work on computer for 90% of the work day
• Maintain a positive attitude even when a call does not result in a successful outcome
• Collaboratively work with other team members
Required Skills and Experience
• Experience in making outgoing calls
• Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel – intermediate experience required, advanced experience a plus
• Use of the Internet including use of multiple browsers and search engines – advanced experience required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Very well organized and efficient
• Able to prioritize and work under high volume conditions
• Sense of urgency and high attention to detail
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Typing – minimum 40 wpm
• Spanish speaking is not required but is a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
TO APPLY, send RESUME including phone number and email address to email@example.com
Please provide a brief cover letter indicating that you heard about the posting through WVA