Calling All Successful Entrepreneurs and Business Professionals – Military Entrepreneurs Need Your Support!
AcademyWomen and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) have joined forces to increase the number of successful entrepreneurs from the military community by offering military veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs with easy to use, flexible online mentorship support. Military Entrepreneur eMentor will connect aspiring entrepreneurs with more seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals for dynamic mentoring experiences that powerfully move protégés forward in achieving their entrepreneurial goals. There is no cost to protégés or mentors to participate.
We are currently seeking mentors:
- With or without previous military experience;
- Who are (or were) successful entrepreneurs; or
- Who are business professionals (not necessarily entrepreneurs) with expertise in various business competencies.
We are especially in need of mentors who have experience in the following industries: Food and Beverage, Fitness and Health, Beauty Service, Non-Profit/Social Enterprise, and Online Retail.
Mentors will be able to volunteer as their schedules permit from wherever they are - by connecting with military entrepreneurs online, 24/7. There is no minimum time commitment, but most mentors engage with their protégés for an average of 60-90 minutes per month.
Please visit https://www.ementorprogram.org/entrepreneur-ementor-info/ to fill out a pre-screening questionnaire. Note: this will not be the official sign-up page for the Military Entrepreneur eMentor community. Participation in the program is by invitation only. Once your form is submitted, you will be contacted by an eMentor team member with further instructions, should you be invited to participate as a mentor.
Mentors are selected for their expertise and willingness to support protégés with:
- Providing timely advice to military entrepreneurs and helping them to set and achieve goals.
- Sharing expertise in business related fields to increase the productivity and profitability of protégé businesses.
- Periodically participating in forum discussions to create a sense of community and share valuable lessons learned.
If you are not an entrepreneur or business professional, but know of someone who is, please forward this email or pass along our contact information. Thank you in advance for your support of our military entrepreneurs!