ADAPTIVE SURFING ADDED
ATTENTION VETERANS: The Office of National Veterans Sports Programs & Special Events is excited to announce the addition of Adaptive Surfing to our VA Monthly Training Allowance program!
Please see our website for information on eligibility, performance standards, and how to apply.
VA Monthly Training Allowance Performance Standard for Surfing
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be classified in an International Surfing Association Adaptive Surfing Classification Division. Please contact Classification@isasurf.org with any questions related to classification.
• Be a member of USA Surfing and/or one of USA Surfing’s 5 affiliate organizations: (Western Surfing Association, the National Scholastic Surfing Association, Hawaiian Surfing Association, Eastern Surfing Association or the Texas Gulf Surfing Association.)
• Must not be under a disciplinary review by USA Surfing or any of its affiliate organizations.
• Compete in the minimum number of competitions as required by USA Surfing and/or USA Surfing’s affiliate organizations to qualify for the organization’s Prime Competition.
• Athlete must rank in the Top 5 in USA Surfing or Top 3 in their affiliate organization. Athletes are ranked by classification division.
• Athletes must adhere to the USA Surfing Athlete Code of Conduct