If you are a transitioning service member or veteran, and meet the qualifications listed below, please send your resume to arne.eastlund@
Work for Warriors currently has an opportunity as Veteran Staffing Consultant. The geographical location for this position has yet to be determined in the State of California. Remote work opportunity as well as a home office at the nearest California Military Department facility.
Veteran Staffing Consultant
The Veteran Staffing Consultant (VSC) position is the primary proponent for resource development and management. The purpose of resource management is to assist candidates with finding quality employment. VSCs will utilize their professional “toolbox” (Brassring, Smart Job Board, Cold Calls, etc.) as well as the Work for Warriors SOP in order to engage with WFW constituents to identify quality careers for candidates and to identify quality employees for business partners.
- Create professional relationships with businesses throughout the State of California and advocate for the hiring of veterans and the family members.
- Secure permission to advertise their vacancies to an established pool of candidates via numerous avenues of social media (FaceBook, Instagram, LinkedIn, targeted email blasts, etc.)
- Conduct resume reviews and critique
- Conduct mock job interviews
- Maintain numerous computer systems while accurately and thoroughly capturing data
$28.85 per hour
Work for Warriors (WFW) is a State and federally funded FREE Job Placement Program in California. This Program’s mission is to reduce the unemployment/underemployment rate and improve the quality of life for California’s military/veterans, their families and the California Cadet Corps.
Work for Warriors focuses on outreach and quality, both with candidates and our business partners. We mentor our candidates to put forth the highest quality representation of themselves, on paper and in person, to become the most attractive applicant for their desired position.
- Recruiting/sales experience a plus (not required)
- Military/Veteran or Gold Star Family Member status
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively (verbally/written) at all levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to navigate comfortably using social media outlets (FaceBook/LinkedIn etc.)
- Time management and multi-tasking coping skills a must
Occasional travel may be required