The pre- apprentice training is offered tuition free because our program recognizes that women have been marginalized from entering and succeeding in construction and building trades that are often dominated by men. The goal of WINTER is to level and aim to close the gender gap presented in these industries. Apart from offering a multi-trade curriculum, our program also strives to prepare the participants by offering life skills workshops that range from financial literacy, time management, and mental health oversight.
During the duration of our program, the female participants are also given the opportunity to receive industry recognized certifications and hands on experience.
– HAZWOPER UCLA- LOSH Certificate
– CAL OSHA Safety Certificate
– 8- hour First Aid/ CPR Red Cross Certificate
– 120- hours of North America’s Building Trades Union multi- craft curriculum Certificate
– 122- hours hands on and power tools construction practicum
– 40- hours of workforce readiness training (ranging from employment expectations, resume and cover letter writing
– Life- skills training (career plans, conflict resolution, social services resources, and sexual harassment prevention
– Assistance with job placement after completion of the program ( at the moment we have a 97% job placement retention rate)
– 3-5 years of retention services- providing mentorship, additional training, furthered job placement assistance
WINTER asks of the women participants interested in our program to be able to
– Pass a 3-day boot camp
– Pass a drug test and remain drug- free for the duration of the program
– Have a driver’s license
– Have a high school diploma/ GED
– Attend orientation
WINTER offers weekly virtual orientations every Friday at 9:45 AM PST for any women interested in joining our program—please email email@example.com for further information on our virtual orientations.