Position Title: Veteran Staffing Consultant (VSC) – Locations: San Diego, Sacramento, Orange County, Barstow
This position is dependent on the pending award of a staff contract modification with an anticipated start date of 3 October 2022
Hybrid Remote Opportunity – San Diego AO
Geographic Location: Must reside in the listed areas
Your resume should reflect an address, please send your resume, and cover letter to Vanessa
Work for Warriors currently has an opportunity available as a Veteran Staffing Consultant. Hybrid work opportunity but is subject to change at any time. An office would be provided at the closest military installation to the employees HOR.
Work for Warriors (WFW) is a State and federally funded FREE Job Placement Program in California.
Our Mission is to reduce the unemployment/underemployment rate and improve the quality of life for California’s military/veterans, their families, natural disaster survivors and participants of the California Cadet Corps.
Work for Warriors focuses on outreach and quality, both with candidates and our business partners. We mentor our candidates to put forth the highest quality representation of themselves, on paper and in person, to become the most attractive applicant for their desired position.
Why Work at Work For Warriors?
Working at Work For Warriors [WFW] is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of every military veteran and or immediate family member who reaches out to us for support. If you are a transitioning service member, veteran, or immediate family member, and this sounds fulfilling to you, WFW may be the perfect place for your next career move.
Veteran Staffing Consultant Job Aspects
The Veteran Staffing Consultant (VSC) position is the primary proponent for resource development and management. The purpose of resource management is to assist candidates with finding quality employment. VSCs will utilize their professional “toolbox” (BrassRing, Smart Job Board, Cold Calls, etc.) as well as the Work for Warriors Standard Operating Procedures to engage with WFW constituents to identify quality careers for candidates and to identify quality employees for business partners.
VSCs will actively recruit business partners to join WFW and allow us to advertise their employment opportunities to our candidates. Recruiting businesses can be accomplished via several methods: telephone cold calls, walk-in cold-calls, website inquiries, referrals, etc. It is important to build and maintain these relationships to build our partners’ confidence in the WFW program and provide viable opportunities to our candidates.
Once businesses have agreed to partner with WFW, VSCs are responsible for providing interested, qualified candidates for the hiring manager to interview. This includes, but is not limited to, advertising job openings and vetting interested candidates’ qualifications.
VSCs will actively recruit candidates into the Work for Warriors program and provide continuous job placement guidance to existing candidates. Recruiting candidates will be achieved via several methods; walk-ins, transition events, job fairs, website inquires, job board applications, etc.
Once candidates are in our system, VSCs are responsible for walking them through the job placement process. This begins by interviewing the candidate to determine their initial qualifications and career goals.
When a baseline has been established, VSC’s will assist the Candidate to bolster their employability by providing several services, including (but not limited to):
- Resume Critique and Re-Writing Tips
- Referrals to Job Training / Trade Schools / Apprenticeship Programs
- Application Completion and Guidance
- Interview Practice and Preparation
- Salary Negotiation Assistance
- Career Counseling
VSC‘s are required to ensure coverage and attendance for:
- ALL CalTAP events within their Area of Responsibility
- Job Fairs / Hiring Events / Transitions briefs
- Create professional relationships with businesses throughout the State of California and advocate for the hiring of veterans and the family members.
- Conduct direct Outreach with potential employer/partners/candidates.
- Secure permission to advertise their vacancies to an established pool of candidates via the Work For Warriors job board as well as numerous avenues of social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, targeted email blasts, etc.)
- Conduct resume reviews and critique.
- Attend/Present at events.
- Maintain numerous computer systems while accurately and thoroughly capturing data.
- Ability to work autonomously while meeting assigned performance metrics.
- Weekly visits to military installations in the AO
$28.85 – $32.50 DOE per hour
- Military/Veteran or Military Spouse
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively (verbally/written) at all levels
- Customer service experience
- Public speaking skills are required as you will be presenting Work For Warriors program information to large groups of individuals (e.g., unit drills, veteran hall gatherings, college vet centers)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products to include MS Teams
- Social media management. Must be able to navigate comfortably using social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.) and analyze data for marketing tactics and targeting demographics.
- Time management and multi-tasking coping skills are a must
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
- Record management and organizational skills
- Recruiting/Staffing Agency/Sales experience is desirable
- Marketing background